Position: SVP Sales
Location: Southern California
What Our Client Needs:
Our client, a 30+ year old premiere corporate trademark licensing company, is seeking an SVP Licensing Sales to drive growth and expansion of its west coast office.
What the Candidate Must Be Prepared To Do:
- Build “trust” with the Leadership Team and other corporate support departments. Be recognized as the true “leader” of the company’s sales activity.
- Establish themselves as a knowlegeble and respected licensing professional with all clients and licensees.
- Raise the “Performance Bar” by recruiting, leading, coaching, training, motivating and holding accountable a 15+ person sales group. This includes developing a culture of “trained and professional” sales professionals in the art of conceptual selling.
- Develop strategic and tactical sales plans for high profile clients and key product categories.
- Manage client relationships and gain client approval for new business, contract renewals and the expansion of existing oportunities.
- Coordinate all sales activities with other corporate support functions, i.e. marketing, legal, accounting, product approval
- Report monthly and quarterly sales progress to the CEO and other members of the corporate Leadership Team.
What the Candidate Needs:
- A Bachelor’s degree, 15+ years of successful and verified “hands on” licensing oriented sales experience. (brand licensing sales experience, CPG, toys, apparel, publishing, games, software preferred)
- A proven record of developing, training, managing, motivating and leading sales teams capable of “making” a conceptual sale. Excellent and persuasive communications and negotiating skills that include developing strategic presentations and sales follow up.