Brand Strategist – Columbus, OH $75 to $90k
A Columbus-based agency seeks a Strategist. The ideal candidate is a thinker and doer, capable of translating information and observations into meaningful insights and actionable recommendations. They are skilled at applying critical thinking and creativity to solve complex brand and business issues. Working with multidisciplinary teams and clients, the Strategist will create lasting impact by demonstrating consumer insight, strategic thinking, and intellectual curiosity.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Understand how and where to find data sources, identify information gaps
- Structure, analyze, and synthesize research to generate actionable insights
- Articulate opportunities, priorities, hypotheses, recommendations, and solutions
- Produce high quality strategic recommendations and client presentation material
- Possess experience or interest in key work areas including brand strategy/positioning, brand architecture, messaging strategy, customer journey/experience, brand extension, innovation, brand management, internal brand engagement, and guiding brand expression across touch points.
- Provide account management and the creative team with strategic direction and creative briefing
- Strong balance of thought and action
- Able to quickly gain a solid understanding of the client’s brand and business – yesterday, today, and tomorrow
- Able to analyze data sources and synthesize information around insights, priorities and missing information.
- Team-oriented across all levels and functions. Demonstrate an integrated approach to strategy, which gets buy-in and commitment from all internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to influence and inspire others – informally and formally, internally and externally, peers and leaders.
- Able to assist or lead meetings, brainstorming sessions, workshops, training sessions
- Open-minded, able to generate and share fresh perspectives to solve problems
- Support new business efforts through background research on prospective clients, analyzing information, offering a point of view, clarifying scope of work, organizing and preparing pitch and briefing materials
- Draft process and deliverables for proposals with account management
- Partner and develop relationships with all clients’ contacts.
- Partner effectively with all departments to ensure delivery of on-time, high-quality deliverables that meet client business needs
- Communicate findings and recommendations in a clear and compelling way in written, oral, and presentation forms
- Develop case histories of projects and archives strategy recommendations
- Share best practices and resources with team members
- Demonstrate a professional and “can do” attitude at all times
Competencies for Success
- Strategic and conceptual thinker
- Passionate about being culturally connected and on the leading edge of brands, marketing, and communication
- Ability to build strong relationships, internally and externally
- Curious, growth-oriented
- Bring clarity to ambiguity
- Highly organized and skillful planner
- Familiar with traditional and digital channels of communication
- Relevant bachelor or masters degree
- 3-5 relevant professional experience (brand strategy consulting, marketing strategy, advertising agency planning, consumer research)
All qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their credentials directly via our website, www.yaekleco.com, or to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates will not be discussed with our client until we have permission, thus, insuring confidentiality.