Senior Media Planner/Buyer
Salary: $60k t0 $70k
Experience: 4 to 6 years
A leading national advertising agency located in Columbus, Ohio is seeking an experienced media professional to join their team as a Senior Media Planner / Buyer. The ideal candidate will have:
- 4 to 6 years of relevant experience working in an advertising agency planning and buying in both traditional and digital space (local spot television, radio, OOH, print magazines and digital).
- The ability to solve client problems by building and executing a plan that incorporates integrated and innovative thinking.
- An understanding of how to build multi-channel paid media strategy, including broadcast, digital and out-of-home.
Job Summary Statement:
Knowing the role of media continues to evolve rapidly. We are looking for a media professional who wants to work in an environment that embraces change and team players who deliver first-class communications employing integrated contemporary thinking.
- Develop and execute effective plans across all media channels (traditional and digital) to support client campaigns and brands.
- Proactively seek and develop new and innovative media solutions.
- Utilize Broadcast, Digital and Out-Of-Home teams as thought partners in building the overall strategy.
- Work in an integrated way with other disciplines, (brand planning, account service, creative).
- Prepare and present recommendations internally and to clients.
- Insure the client approved media plan is executed to the highest level.
- Represent the agency and build strong professional relations with clients and media representatives.
- Be accountable for media budgets by regularly monitoring, reconciling and reporting on all campaigns
- Be an effective role model for media team and media department staff
- Foster a positive attitude among fellow agency associates.
- Manage junior level planners and buyers and assist in their professional development.
- Delegate and give clear direction with effective communication.
- Provide an energy level that brings new and exciting ideas to the planning / buying function.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Able to manage multiple projects … extremely organized
- Laser sharp attention to detail
- Organized and deliberate
- Self motivated, entrepreneurial … a strong work ethic
- Ability to maintain a positive, calm attitude in a sometimes-challenging and often fast-paced working environment
- Excellent communication skills … verbal, written, presentation
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 4 to 6 years advertising agency experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their professional qualifications in confidence to Gary Yaekle of Yaekle & Company … firstname.lastname@example.org.